BR Mk1 Brake Composite Corridor (BCK) Coach №21187 was built in 1958 by Charles Roberts & Co. of Horbury Junction, Wakefield (also known as Chas Roberts & Co.) as part of Lot 30424.
The lot was ordered by BR in October 1956 with the final vehicle (Coach №21194) being delivered in January 1959.
Other builders of this specific design of BCK were BR Derby and Metropolitan-Cammell (Metro-Cammell).
The seating compartments contain four seats per side, which were installed in the second design of BCKs built for BR, to increase the number of seats per coach.
№21187 was initially delivered to the Western Region of BR and remained in service until 1982. Preservation by the GW Steam Loco Group at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway followed until 1989, when a move to the Gwilli Railway occured. In November 2011 №21187 was moved to the Northampton & Lamport Railway.
|Coach||Charles Roberts & Co.||BR Mk1 BCK|
|Builder:||Charles Roberts & Co, Wakefield||Type:||Mk1 BCK|
|Diagram №:||172 (AB302)||Weight:||35 ton|
|Length:||63 ft 5 in over headstocks||Lot №:||30424|
|№ of Seats:||12 First Class & 24 Second Class||Load Capacity:||1 ton|
|Made Redundant / Withdrawn:||1982||Date Preserved:||1982|
|Arrived at NLR:||November 2011||Current Status:||Awaiting Restoration|