M35062 is thought to be the last example of a LMS built 6 Wheel Covered Carriage Truck (CCT) to diagram 1871 as part of lot 123, a batch of 75 vehicles.
Designed as an early attempt at a roll on—roll off cart vehicle it later carried car and light lorry transport vehicles for the LMS whilst numbered 5622.
After nationalisation in January 1948, the vehicle became M35062 and carried parcels until about 1959.
After this date the vehicle was converted to a ‘Cell Truck’ to carry battery cells between railway works and subsequently was renumbered to be CDM395492, in the Midland Region’s departmental numbering series.
M35062 was purchased from British Rail Engineering Ltd. (BREL) Wolverton Works.
|Builder:||LMS Wolverton Works||Type:||CCT (6 Wheeled)|
|Diagram №:||1871||Weight:||12 ton|
|Length:||30 ft 0 in over headstocks||Lot №:||123|
|№ of Seats:||None||Load Capacity:||6 ton|
|Made Redundant / Withdrawn:||N/A||Date Preserved:||20th January 1989|
|Arrived at NLR:||20th January 1989||Current Status:||Under Restoration|