A 0-4-0 Diesel Locomotive built in 1950 by John Fowler of Leeds as works №4210018. The loco was delivered new to Stoney Stanton Granite Co. who operated quarries in Leicestershire.
Subsequently converted to hydraulic drive during an extensive re-build by Thomas Hill of Kilnhurst in 1964; “Bunty” is now basically a Thomas Hill “Vanguard” with a Rolls Royce C6NFL power unit and the works №146C. The re-build was so extensive that the only original parts are the frames, wheels, final drive, buffer beams and cab doors.
“Bunty” was donated to the Northampton & Lamport Railway by Redland Aggregates Ltd. (now Lafarge Aggregates Ltd.) of Mountsorrel, where the locomotive worked until 1988.
|Shunter||Fowler / Thomas Hill Ltd||0-4-0|
|Class:||N/A||Works №:||4210018 (orignal) & 146C (rebuilt)|
|Built:||1950 & rebuilt in 1964||Builder:||Fowler of Leeds. Rebuilt by Thomas Hill of Kilnhurst|
|BR №:||N/A||Driving Wheel Diameter:||N/A|
|Engine:||Rolls Royce C6NF||Transmission:||Rolls-Royce torque convertor|
|Weight:||N/A||Maximum Design Speed:||N/A|
|Brake Force:||Loco Brake only||Maximum Tractive Effort:||N/A|
|Made Redundant / Withdrawn:||1988||Date Preserved:||25th February 1989|
|Arrived at NLR:||25th February 1989||Current Status:||Awaiting Restoration|