Joining The Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society (NLRPS) is a great way of supporting your local heritage railway. We offer our members many benefits as well as the chance of becoming a volunteer and helping us rebuild the line and getting involved in operating the railways services throughout the year.
Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society Membership Benefits
by becoming a member of NLRPS you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Privilege rate fares — Currently 50% off the published fares (for the members themselves only). — Note: Privilege rate fares are not available/valid at Special Events.
- Copies of the “Premier Line” magazine (one copy, of each new issue, per membership).
- Copies of the “NLR News” electronic newsletter in Adobe pdf format, which is sent to all members who have registered an email address with the Membership Secretary.
- Member only Special Offers in the Shop on the platform — Special offers are available on specific dates or for limited time periods only.
- The opportunity to purchase shares in Northampton Steam Railway Limited.
- The opportunity to become a Volunteer Working Member, which includes further benefits.
Membership Subscription Rates
|Annual Subscriptions||Upgrade & Period Subscriptions||Life Subscriptions|
|Ordinary||£15.00||Upgrade to Ordinary Life||£160.00||Ordinary Life||£175.00|
|Family||£20.00||Upgrade to Family Life||£180.00||Family Life||£200.00|
|Retired||£10.00||Upgrade to Retired Life||£90.00||Retired Life||£100.00|
|Joint Retired||£15.00||Upgrade to Joint Retired Life||£110.00||Joint Retired Life||£125.00|
|Student (1 year)*||£10.00||Student (3 years)*||£15.00|
|Junior (under 16)||£10.00|
* Student Membership requires proof of student status, course length and a passport photograph.
Student Membership is classed as a Volunteer Working Membership (i.e. unpaid) requiring regular attendance at the NLR and has no voting rights conferred upon it.
Please check with the Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society Membership Secretary for the latest membership rates.
How To Join Us
Joining us is easy. Just download the application form HERE and return it along with a Stamped Self Address Envelope and your payment to:
Pitsford and Brampton Station
at the moment NLRPS can accepts cheques and cash (though not advised through the post). Card payments can only be accepted at the booking office at Pitsford and Brampton station.
Alternatively please write to the Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society Membership Secretary at the Pitsford & Brampton Station address above or contact the membership secretarty via the form below.
Note: The society reserves the right to perform background checks on members; particularly Volunteer Working Members.
Please consider using Gift Aid when sending your Membership Subscription, as it means The Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society can recover a sum equal to the basic rate of income tax you paid, thus helping your donation go further. This means at a rate of 20% a £10 donation can be turned into £12.00, so long as donations are made through Gift Aid.
Imagine what a difference that could make and it doesn’t cost you a thing!
To qualify for Gift Aid, what you pay in income tax or capital gains tax must equal or exceed the amount the charity will claim in the tax year.
If you are a higher rate tax payer you will also be able to claim a tax relief through your tax return.
More information can be found at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm