BR Mk 1 Gangwayed Brake (BG), more usually known as a “NAV” and can also be known as a “Full Brake”.
M84031 was built by Cravens Ltd in 1956 as M81031 and allocated to the Midland region. Subsequently the coach became M84031 in April 1983 and was vacuum brake & steam heat fitted, with BR2 bogies when in BR service.
Withdrawal from BR service occurred in June 1986.
Since arriving at the Northampton & Lamport Railway the coach has been converted for use as the “Platform 3 Buffet” and Santa’s Grotto at Pitsford & Brampton station.
|NPCCS||Cravens Ltd.||BR Mk1 BG|
|Builder:||Cravens Ltd.||Type:||Mk1 BG Gangway Brake|
|Diagram №:||711 (NA501 / NC501 / ND501)||Weight:||31 ton|
|Length:||58 ft||Lot №:||30224|
|№ of Seats:||None||Load Capacity:||8 ton|
|Made Redundant / Withdrawn:||June 1986||Date Preserved:||1988|
|Arrived at NLR:||16th June 1988||Current Status:||Operational|