№764, a 0-4-0 Ruston & Hornsby 165DS class diesel locomotive, one of a class of 124.
Built in March 1953, the loco was used by the Admiralty RNAD at Bedenham, Bridgemary, near Portsmouth.
It is thought that №764 was originally used on munitions trains as it carried an exhaust spark arrester which has been removed.
№764 was moved to Rail & Track Supplies of Wolverton in December 1975 and arrived at the Northampton & Lamport Railway in November 1983, the first locomotive on the railway, after donation by Rail & Track Supplies Ltd.
|165DS||Ruston & Hornsby||0-4-0|
|Built:||1953||Builder:||Ruston & Hornsby|
|BR №:||N/A||Driving Wheel Diameter:||3 ft 2½ in|
|Engine:||Ruston 6VPHL Six cylinder oil engine||Transmission:||4 Speed mechanical to jack shaft|
|Weight:||28 ton||Maximum Design Speed:||< 20 mph|
|Brake Force:||Loco Brake only||Maximum Tractive Effort:||14,200 lbf in 1st Gear|
|Made Redundant / Withdrawn:||1983||Date Preserved:||1983|
|Arrived at NLR:||November 1983||Current Status:||Operational|