Originally numbered № 3777 when built in 1959 by Hurst Nelson & Co., Motherwell, this vacuum braked tank wagon was renumbered № 43777 when registered for use by ESSO (Registration Number BRSc 964). Its normal load is thought to have been heavy fuel oils as it was liveried as a “Class B” tank.
Subsequently, the tank wagon became BR Departmental Vehicle № ADB999074 and used as a waste fuel oil tank wagon based at Immingham Depot.
The wagon operated a circular route between BR depots with a routing of Immingham, Cambois, Bradford, Holbeck, Knottingley, Wath, Shirebrook and back to Immingham.
An air driven discharge pump is fitted to the wagon which was used to empty waste oil tanks on diesel depots. The pump operated by being connected to the locomotive’s main air reservoir pipe.
|Wagon||Hurst Nelson & Co.||Class B
|Built:||1959 by Hurst Nelson & Co. Motherwell||Works №:||N/A|
|Diagram №:||6/668||Lot №:||N/A|
|Type:||Class B Tank||Load Capacity:||22 ton|
|Made Redundant / Withdrawn:||N/A||Date Preserved:||N/A|
|Arrived at NLR:||10th November 1998||Current Status:||Operational|