Originally built in 1939 by Cambrian Wagon as 7307 the wagon had a GWR registration number of 7146. The wagon became W48339 after the formation of British Railways in 1948.
Subsequently the tank wagon entered industrial use with the National Coal Board (NCB) as NCB48307 at its Caerphilly Tar Plant in Wales.
The wagon was donated to the Northampton & Lamport Railway by Thomas Ness Ltd., Caerphilly, South Wales in early 1988.
|Wagon||Cambrian Wagon||4-Wheel Tank|
|Built:||1939 by Cambrian Wagon||Works №:||N/A|
|Diagram №:||6/037||Lot №:||N/A|
|Length:||21 ft 5 in over headstocks
Wheelbase: 12 ft
BR TOPS Code: TTO
|Load Capacity:||22 ton|
|Made Redundant / Withdrawn:||1987||Date Preserved:||13th January 1988|
|Arrived at NLR:||13th January 1988||Current Status:||Unrestored|