The Northampton & Lamport Railway re-opened to the public on Sunday 2nd August 2020.
For the time being we will be operating a reduced timetable with strictly limited capacity on each train. As a result, all visitors are asked to book tickets online in advance to avoid disappointment. You can still turn up and buy a ticket on the day, although we cannot guarantee there will be availability (depending on the number of prior online bookings). Currently, regulations mean that all passengers have to wear face coverings on the train. However, exemptions include:
- Children under the age of 11
- A person who cannot put on, wear, or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment or disability (within the meaning of section 6 of the Equality Act 2010), or without severe distress.
Sadly the Model Railway housed in the old Harringworth Signal Box will not be open until further notice; this is to ensure the NLR can maintain social distancing.
We are proud to be an official AA ‘Covid-19 Confident’ attraction. This means it has been independently verified that we have in place all the necessary risk assessments, safety measures and staff training to re-open safely. We have also signed the Covid Confident Charter, giving our customers the confidence that we are a responsible venue, operating fully in line with the UK Government’s guidelines (as well as UKHospitality and respective trade association guidelines), and are committed to updating our procedures and measures as guidelines change.
To book tickets, please click HERE
The site remains open for Volunteer Working Members to come and work on various projects (in accordance with Government guidance). However, Volunteer Working Members should not attend the site if they (or anyone in their household) is displaying symptoms of the virus.
COVID-19 IMPACT APPEAL
Although we have re-opened, this continues to be a very challenging time for the Northampton & Lamport Railway financially. We really need to raise £10,000 to keep us ‘on track’. If you would like to offer your support you can either:
- Make a secure donation via our online fundraising page at https://www.goldengiving.com/wall/northampton-and-lamport-railway (and include Gift Aid, where applicable)
- Send a cheque to ‘Northampton and Lamport Railway CIO’ to COVID-19 Appeal, Pitsford and Brampton Station, Pitsford Road, Chapel Brampton, NN6 8BA
- Buy a NLR Gift Card – these are valid for 2 years and can be redeemed online for tickets to any normal running day or special event
- Become a member of the Northampton and Lamport Railway CIO – https://www.nlr.org.uk/memberships/
- Purchase a ticket for the NLR in the Daventry Local Lotto at https://www.local-lotto.co.uk/support/northampton-and-lamport-railway-charitable for a chance to WIN up to £25,000!
- Purchase shares in Northampton Steam Railway Ltd
The Northampton & Lamport Railway wishes everyone well and we look forward to seeing you soon.