The Northampton & Lamport Railway is very pleased to announce that we intend to re-open to the public on Sunday 2nd August 2020.
We will be operating a reduced timetable and all visitors will be required to book in advance. More details will follow closer to the reopening date.
In the mean time, if you’re out and about on the Brampton Valley Way, keep an eye open for our ‘ghost trains’. We will be running a series of refresher trains without passengers to ensure staff competency is maintained and to ensure locomotives and stock are in certification.
The site remains open for Volunteer Working Members to come and work on various projects (in accordance with Government guidance). However, Volunteer Working Members should not attend the site if they (or anyone in their household) is displaying symptoms of the virus.
COVID-19 IMPACT APPEAL
This continues to be a very challenging time for the Northampton & Lamport Railway financially. We really need to raise £10,000 to keep us ‘on track’. If you would like to offer your support you can either:
- Make a secure donation via our online fundraising page at https://www.goldengiving.com/wall/northampton-and-lamport-railway (and include Gift Aid, where applicable)
- Send a cheque to ‘Northampton and Lamport Railway CIO’ to COVID-19 Appeal, Pitsford and Brampton Station, Pitsford Road, Chapel Brampton, NN6 8BA
- Buy a NLR Gift Card – these are valid for 2 years and can be redeemed online for tickets to any normal running day or special event
- Become a member of the Northampton and Lamport Railway CIO – https://www.nlr.org.uk/memberships/
- Purchase a ticket for the NLR in the Daventry Local Lotto at https://www.local-lotto.co.uk/support/northampton-and-lamport-railway-charitable for a chance to WIN up to £25,000!
- Purchase shares in Northampton Steam Railway Ltd
The Northampton & Lamport Railway wishes everyone well and we look forward to seeing you again soon.