***UPDATE 30th NOV*** – Following the end of lockdown this week, Santa Specials will resume on Saturday 5th Dec. Unfortunately, our steam loco is poorly at the moment, so all Santa services will be hauled by one of our heritage diesels.
To book tickets, please click HERE
This continues to be an extremely difficult year for our volunteer-run heritage railway. If you are able to support us please make a donation via our official ‘Covid-19 Impact Appeal’ page HERE or see the other options below.
During lockdown the site is likely to remain open for Volunteer Working Members to come and work on various projects (in accordance with Government guidance). However, Volunteer Working Members should not attend the site if they (or anyone in their household) is displaying symptoms of the virus.
We are proud to be an official AA ‘Covid-19 Confident’ attraction. This means it has been independently verified that we have in place all the necessary risk assessments, safety measures and staff training to re-open safely. We have also signed the Covid Confident Charter, giving our customers the confidence that we are a responsible venue, operating fully in line with the UK Government’s guidelines (as well as UKHospitality and respective trade association guidelines), and are committed to updating our procedures and measures as guidelines change.
Currently, regulations mean that all passengers have to wear face coverings on the train. However, exemptions include:
- Children under the age of 11
- A person who cannot put on, wear, or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment or disability (within the meaning of section 6 of the Equality Act 2010), or without severe distress.
Sadly, due to social distancing restrictions, the Model Railway housed in the old Harringworth Signal Box will not be open until further notice.
The site remains open for Volunteer Working Members to come and work on various projects (in accordance with Government guidance). However, Volunteer Working Members should not attend the site if they (or anyone in their household) is displaying symptoms of the virus.
COVID-19 IMPACT APPEAL
Although we have re-opened, this continues to be a very challenging time for the Northampton & Lamport Railway financially. We really need to raise £10,000 to keep us ‘on track’. If you would like to offer your support you can either:
- Make a secure donation via our online fundraising page at https://www.goldengiving.com/wall/northampton-and-lamport-railway (and include Gift Aid, where applicable)
- Send a cheque to ‘Northampton and Lamport Railway CIO’ to COVID-19 Appeal, Pitsford and Brampton Station, Pitsford Road, Chapel Brampton, NN6 8BA
- Buy a NLR Gift Card – these are valid for 2 years and can be redeemed online for tickets to any normal running day or special event
- Become a member of the Northampton and Lamport Railway CIO – https://www.nlr.org.uk/memberships/
- Purchase a ticket for the NLR in the Daventry Local Lotto at https://www.local-lotto.co.uk/support/northampton-and-lamport-railway-charitable for a chance to WIN up to £25,000!
The Northampton & Lamport Railway wishes everyone well and we look forward to seeing you soon.