- This event has passed.
Brake Van Rides
June 9 @ 11:00 - 16:00
Brake Van Rides – Looking for something different?
Ride along on one of our heritage brake vans this weekend (diesel hauled). Panoramic views of the Brampton Valley as you travel through the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside.
Trips leave regularly throughout the day and for donations only – pay what you feel the trip is worth on after your ride.
There is no steam train this weekend.
Facilities at N&LR
- Souvenir Shop
- Full of 1940’s, 50’s, and 60’s nostalgia, our souvenir shop stocks gifts and souvenirs that remind us of a bygone age as well as a wide range of toys.
- Platform 3 Buffet
- What better than to enjoy a relaxing cup of tea or coffee from our buffet coach? Hot and Cold snacks and ice creams are also available.
- The Emporium and The Shed
- Second-hand books, DVDs, CDs records and jigsaws in The Emporium and bric-a-brac in The Shed, all at bargain prices. (Open most Sundays and events according to volunteer availability)
- Facilities at the Railway
- Free Parking is available and toilets are located on the station platform. This includes a ramp giving access to baby changing and disabled toilet facilities.
- Brampton Valley Way
- Take a walk along the Brampton Valley Way a 14-mile linear park through the Northamptonshire countryside. A fairly level footpath and cycle path from Northampton to Market Harborough – suitable for all ages.