- This event has passed.
25th August 2018 @ 10:00 - 16:00
An event every day that begins at 10:00am, repeating until 27th August 2018
A weekend of steam and diesel celebrating the life of branchlines in Northamptonshire. Travel along the mile and half of running line on a mixture of locomotives from heritage diesel to classic steam loco’s.
Watch demonstration freight trains pass through Pitsford and Brampton Station and working down at Pitsford Sidings throughout the weekend.
0-6-0 - "6430"
Visiting with thanks to Llangollen Railway6430 is a push-
BR Class 31 3128931289 was built in 1961 by Brush Engineering, Loughborough, as part of an order generated by the modernisation plan of 1955.
Other attractions this weekend include:
- Freight trains – running through Pitsford and Brampton Station to Pitsford Sidings regularly throughout the day.
- Signal Box Visits – See how the signal box works.
- Workshop Tours
- Full of 1940’s, 50’s, and 60’s nostalgia, our souvenir shop stocks gifts and souvenirs that remind us of a bygone age as well as a wide range of toys.
Platform 3 Buffet
- What better than to enjoy a relaxing cup of tea or coffee from our buffet coach? Hot and Cold snacks and ice creams are also available.
The Emporium and The Shed
- Second-hand books, DVDs, CDs records and jigsaws in The Emporium and bric-a-brac in The Shed, all at bargain prices. (Open most Sundays and events according to volunteer availability)
Facilities at the Railway
- Free Parking is available and toilets are located on the station platform. This includes a ramp giving access to baby changing and disabled toilet facilities.
Brampton Valley Way
- Take a walk along the Brampton Valley Way a 14-mile linear park through the Northamptonshire countryside. A fairly level footpath and cycle path from Northampton to Market Harborough – suitable for all ages.
|10:00||Steam – 6430|
|11:00||Diesel – 31289|
|12:00||Steam – 6430|
|13:00||Diesel – 31289|
|14:00||Steam – 6430|
|15:00||Diesel – 31289|
|16:00||Steam – 6430|
No booking is required for Normal Running Days. Tickets are bought on arrival from the Booking Office/Souvenir Shop
|Family (2 Adults + 2 Children)||£25|
|Children under 2||FREE|
|HRA Passes and Membership Passes are not valid for all trains today|
|Groups/Parties of 10 or more receive 10% discount|