- This event has passed.
27th August 2018 @ 10:00 - 16:00
An event every day that begins at 10:00, repeating until 27th August 2018
A weekend of steam and diesel celebrating the life of branchlines in Northamptonshire. Travel along the mile and half of running line on a mixture of locomotives from heritage diesel to classic steam loco’s.
Watch demonstration freight trains pass through Pitsford and Brampton Station and working down at Pitsford Sidings throughout the weekend.
0-6-0 - "6430"
Visiting with thanks to Llangollen Railway
6430 is a push-
BR Class 47 47205
The Class 47 is a Brush design and 47205 is one of 512 examples built between 1962 and 1968. It is a class that has proven to be a very successful mixed traffic diesel locomotive.
BR Class 31 31289
31289 was built in 1961 by Brush Engineering, Loughborough, as part of an order generated by the modernisation plan of 1955.
Other attractions this weekend include:
- Freight trains – running through Pitsford and Brampton Station to Pitsford Sidings regularly throughout the day.
- Signal Box Visits – See how the signal box works.
- Workshop Tours
- Full of 1940’s, 50’s, and 60’s nostalgia, our souvenir shop stocks gifts and souvenirs that remind us of a bygone age as well as a wide range of toys.
Platform 3 Buffet
- What better than to enjoy a relaxing cup of tea or coffee from our buffet coach? Hot and Cold snacks and ice creams are also available.
The Emporium and The Shed
- Second-hand books, DVDs, CDs records and jigsaws in The Emporium and bric-a-brac in The Shed, all at bargain prices. (Open most Sundays and events according to volunteer availability)
Facilities at the Railway
- Free Parking is available and toilets are located on the station platform. This includes a ramp giving access to baby changing and disabled toilet facilities.
Brampton Valley Way
- Take a walk along the Brampton Valley Way a 14-mile linear park through the Northamptonshire countryside. A fairly level footpath and cycle path from Northampton to Market Harborough – suitable for all ages.
We are finalising the timetable for this weekend check back closer to the day for full details.
No booking is required for Normal Running Days. Tickets are bought on arrival from the Booking Office/Souvenir Shop
|Family (2 Adults + 2 Children)||TBC|
|Children under 2||FREE|
(Access to platform only)
|HRA Passes and Membership Passes are not valid for all trains today|
|Groups/Parties of 10 or more receive 10% discount|