Joining The Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society (NLRPS) is a great way of supporting your local heritage railway. We offer our members many benefits as well as the chance of becoming a volunteer and helping us rebuild the line and getting involved in operating the railways services throughout the year.
Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society Membership Benefits
by becoming a member of NLRPS you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Privilege rate fares — Currently 50% off the published fares (for the members themselves only). — Note: Privilege rate fares are not available/valid at Special Events.
- Copies of the “Premier Line” magazine (one copy, of each new issue, per membership).
- Member only Special Offers in the Shop on the platform — Special offers are available on specific dates or for limited time periods only.
- The opportunity to purchase shares in Northampton Steam Railway Limited.
- The opportunity to become a Volunteer Working Member, which includes further benefits.
Membership Subscription Rates
|Annual Subscriptions||Life Subscriptions|
|Joint Retired||£20.00||Joint Retired Life||£400|
|Junior (under 16)||£10.00|
* Student Membership requires proof of student status, course length and a passport photograph.
Student Membership is classed as a Volunteer Working Membership (i.e. unpaid) requiring regular attendance at the NLR and has no voting rights conferred upon it.
Please check with the Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society Membership Secretary for the latest membership rates.
How To Join Us
Use the link below to download a membershipform.
Please email the Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society Membership Secretary for a membership application form.
Alternatively please write to the Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society Membership Secretary at the Pitsford & Brampton Station address on the Contacts page.
Note: The society reserves the right to perform background checks on members; particularly Volunteer Working Members.
If you have any questions about membership, please get in touch with the Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society Membership Secretary via the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Please consider using Gift Aid when sending your Membership Subscription, as it means The Northampton & Lamport Railway Preservation Society can recover a sum equal to the basic rate of income tax you paid, thus helping your donation go further. This means at a rate of 20% a £10 donation can be turned into £12.00, so long as donations are made through Gift Aid.
Imagine what a difference that could make and it doesn’t cost you a thing!
To qualify for Gift Aid, what you pay in income tax or capital gains tax must equal or exceed the amount the charity will claim in the tax year.
If you are a higher rate tax payer you will also be able to claim a tax relief through your tax return.
More information can be found at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm